Thursday, March 24, 2011

I hope this gets to you

Oh my dog it has been FOREVER! I don't even know what to write about honestly. About two weeks ago my Uncle Mickey passed away. His passing was not by any means a shocking event. He was pretty sick and had lived a very long and fulfilling life. His funeral was the first time since June that my entire family was under one roof. Yes, all ten of us were present. It's really strange to see how all of us are growing up and getting on with our lives. Not only are we changing as individuals but our relationships with each other have certainly changed as well. For example, my brother and I used to be very close until he decided to become one of Voldemort's Deatheaters. Since then we have grown apart. It's not as bad as it was, but there are still a lot of unresolved issues there. 
Something I've been doing a lot of thinking about lately is how grateful I am for my friends. My actual friends, that is. I can count the number of people (outside of my blood relatives) who have continuously been there for me, year after year, crisis after crisis, on my one hand. I feel like in the time that I've been in the Great North I've learned that I don't have to tolerate certain people in my life and I don't have to accept excuses as to why they are the way that they are.  I don't need assholes in my life and I certainly don't need any sneaky liars either. I guess this was more of a rant than anything else but I'll be back with more at a later date.

No comments:

Post a Comment