Wednesday, February 2, 2011

"When I get sad, I stop being sad, and be awesome instead!"

The above is a quote from my new fave show, "How I Met Your Mother." I just started watching this show a couple months ago so I'm only like one or two seasons in (I'm dvr-ing them)but I'm COMPLETELY in love with it!!! The other night I was watching the episode where *SPOILER ALERT* Marshall and Lily have broken up and he is trying to get along without her. It was the saddest, most realistic, and overall best episode I have seen yet. Marshall (played by my future husband, Jason Segel) was the most realistic dump-ee that I have seen on tv or in film. Exception: Peter Bretter who is ALSO played by this handsome devil:

 Marshall was basically a broken down, sobbing, no pants-wearing, shell of a man. This went on for weeks and weeks and weeks until finally he was able to get up off his couch and make some pancakes. If you haven't seen this episode, I sincerely recommend it. And not just because Jason Segel is just so adorable, but because as someone with some experience in this area, I would definitely say that it is a realistic portrayal of his situation. The writers and actors really got to the core of what Marshall was going through, but they also had a great handle on what his friends (the rest of the cast, obv) were going through as well. Oh and I would also recommend the episode before it if you want a little background info plus some crazy good acting. It's all very sad and difficult to watch at times but never fear guys, it's a happy ending.


Ok, now that I'm done with that rant, I can brag about something awesome!!! I HAVE A JOB!!!!!!!!! HOORAY!!!!!!! I will be working in the child-watch center at the gym next door to BIL's place of work. It's pretty great actually. I'll be getting paid to hang out with kids all day PLUS a free membership to the gym! So that's pretty cool. It really works well with my workout schedule because I can either go in early and take a class or I can stay after and do some cardio or whatevah. Now, this brings me to the my next item of discussion...It's very embarrassing but I'm going to share my story with y'all anyway. On Monday night I went to a Zumba class at another gym. This is my third time taking this woman's class and she is AMAZING!!! She makes the class super fun and I always feel like I'm learning how to shake what my momma gave me whilst getting a crazy good workout. It is definitely a class I was planning on continuing to take even though I have a free membership just because it is so hard to find an amazing instructor sometimes and she really is all that and a bag of chips. Anyway, Monday night I walk into the gym and go to pay my 15 dollas for the class and I see that there is this REALLY cute guy working the desk. We're not talking run-of-the-mill average looking Joe either, we are talking like, Brawny paper towel guy kind of looks. So I go to pay for the class, and the guy is being super flirty with me and totally making me late for class (but hey, who am I to complain?) by trying to talk me into buying a membership for this gym. Now, I know for a fact that these guys do not get money for making a sale but I do know that they get credit. And this guy was soooo cute that I actually found myself considering it. And then, long story short, I found myself actually signing up for the thing! Next thing I knew, I was a new member. At this gym, where I do not work. Womp WOMMMMMP! I mean, it's not too, too bad. After all, the membership is 60 bucks a month, which is what I'd be paying anyway if I only go to Zumba once a week, so it's not a huuuuge difference. But the point of the story is that I let a super cute guy talk me into buying a membership at a gym when I already have a FREE one to the gym down the street. It was not my proudest moment, but I think we can all agree that it could have been waaaaaaaaaaay worse. You can all stop laughing at me now.

2 comments:

  1. Hilariously embarrassing - reminds me of the friends episode where chandler can't get out of his gym membership and ross goes with him to "quit the gym" but ends up buying a membership too!!! So are you going to "quit that gym" too, or continue to pay?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I'm just going to keep paying. I mean it really is the same amount I'm paying now, only except from week to week I just pay at the beginning of the month.

    ReplyDelete